Spring 2018 Dehumidifier Buying Guide
So you are in the market for a dehumidifier. Maybe you have a wet or damp basement, allergies that just will not quit or a room that floods when it rains and you just want to make sure it is dry. Regardless of the reason, you have made a good decision in investing into your home and health.
What does a dehumidifier do? Besides the obvious removing moisture from the air, dehumidifiers also provide the following benefits:
- Mold prevention
- Improved air quality
- Help eliminate dust mites
- Protect your home from structural damage caused by high humidity
- Help you feel comfortable by lowering humidity and making the temperature cooler
Great! You decided to buy one… now, which dehumidifier do you need?
The first thing you want to look at is size. The larger the capacity of the dehumidifier, the larger room it can pull moisture from.
- Small Rooms:
Small spaces like a bathroom or laundry room, a dehumidifier with a capacity of 25-40 pints is perfect
A perfect example of a Dehumidifer for this need is the Danby Premier 30 Pint DDR30WB3WP
- Mid-Sized Rooms:
For rooms like bedrooms, a dehumidifier with a 40-59 pint capacity is recommended
Such as the AeonAir 45 Pint RDH45EB
- Large Rooms:
For open spaces or a large basement, a dehumidifier with a 60+ pint-capacity is ideal
Something like the AeonAir 70 Pint with Pump RDH70EDP is ideal
Now, what features do you need? Here is a list of some buzzwords you might see on a dehumidifier ad, and some quick and easy definitions:
- Direct Drain
- You can hook up a hose to your dehumidifier and have it gravity drain into a sump-pump, French drain, or any point lower than the dehumidifier, like the Whynter 65 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier w/ Auto Restart & Direct Drain RPD-651W
- You can hook up a hose to your dehumidifier and have it pump the water it collects up into a sink, out a window, or any point higher than the dehumidifier, just like the AeonAir 70 Pint with Pump RDH70EDP
- Automatic Shut-Off
- Dehumidifiers with an automatic shut-off feature will shut down once the desired humidity level has been reached, seen on the Ocean Breeze Energy Star 60 Pint Continious Drain Dehumidifier OBZ-60DE
- Auto Defrost
- This mean the dehumidifier can work in temperatures down to 41°F or lower without frost build up, a benefit of the AeonAir 70 Pint 2 Speed Auto Restart Dehumidifier RDH70EB
- Auto Restart
- If the power goes out, the dehumidifier will save its settings and come right back on when the power returns, working exactly as it did before, seen with the AeonAir 30 Pint 2 Speed Auto Restart Dehumidifier RDH30EB
- These timers allow you to set the unit to operate automatically within a period of 24 hours, which can help save power, like the Perfect Aire 50 Pint Digital Energy Star Dehumidifier w/ Timer PAD50
- Fan Speed
- You can select two or more fan speeds in case you want the air inside a room to dry faster, seen in the Danby 50 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier DDR50A2GP
So now you know what kind of dehumidifier you need… the real question is where to buy it? From 3Gorillas.com, obviously! JUST CLICK HERE! Why? Because we are the leading online retailer for cheap dehumidifiers! And I don’t mean cheap as in flimsy… I mean cheap as in Value! You will get the best value from a refurbished dehumidifier from 3Gorillas.com. ALL of our units are tested, and come with our 90 day warranty…all with Free Shipping! With over 15 years experience and an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, you can buy with confidence knowing you made the best choice for your home!